Everyday Alien

I walk alone in this world, for I am not meant to be here
I look like them, talk like them, but am not one of them
Why was I sent here ?
Why was I put there?
What am I?
I know that the path I am on is better, but why does it hurt so? 
Why am I alone to carry the burden?
I don't know if I can take it
I don't know if I can handle it
I don't want it
I want the way things used to be
Peaceful
Happy 
Carefree 
Why do I care so much?
Why was I sent to hurt so much?
The world sees me but they don't know me
They ask but can never understand 
What am I meant to do ?
Who am I meant to touch?
For now I seem lost 
I have never felt further from home
Is this what you meant when you said follow?
Is this the pain that you felt?
Not the physical
Or even the mental
But the emotional state of being alone
The act of having one so dear leave you so bare
Was I meant to understand this way?
Was I meant to be in such anguish?
My Peter is gone and I wish he was here
My friend denies me even though not to my face
Has the roster crowed?
Has his time come to an end?
I fought so hard to keep my friend
But it seems a losing battle from now on
Should I end it before he really denies me?
Should I fight fire with fire?
Because I feel attacked by the outside world 
The world he is struggling to fit in
Why is this life so enticing? 
Why does he not see the trap he is in?
I know I don't have all the answers
But I know that, that path is not the right one
Why won't he listen?
What have I become?
These questions I have no answer for
But I'm afraid I will find out soon enough
For only time will tell, where on this lonely road the alien fell

No comments: